Pegasus RC will be holding their annual Winter/Spring Club Meeting followed by an Indoor Fly at the Salvation Army Gymnasium in downtown Hagerstown Saturday March 3, 2018.
Salvation Army Gymnasium
525 George Street
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Limited Parking along George Street – Additional Parking in rear of building..
Note- Only small electric aircraft allowed. We will also be holding FPV Tiny Whoop races. Club will provide Pizza and Drinks in meeting room. Please no food or drink out on Gym Floor. Donations will be accepted for use of the facility.
Meeting 2:30 – 4
If you are interested in flying in the Tiny Whoop/Micro Quad FPV races – please register and join the event at https://www.multigp.com/
Hope to see everyone there.
Sunday Sept 24th we will be hosting MQR’s 2017 Maryland State Championship MultiGP Quad Race. The event is slated to kick off at 10AM and race heats will be run throughout the day. Spectators are welcome and a $5 lunch will be available around noontime. If anyone is interested in helping direct parking for the event please get with one of our board members. We could use the help! Hope to see you Sunday!
Pegasus Radio Control Airplane Club
March 5, 2017
3:00 PM Sunday (Salvation Army Gymnasium)
Prepared by Secretary – Mike Frey
25 Members Present
-Call to Order 3:00PM – Gary Hartle
-Secretary Report – Mike Frey read the minutes from the Nov 2016 meeting.
-Treasurer Report – Paul Van Tries
-Account Balance of $8053
-Asked for anyone not receiving E-mails to please update their Email addresses with Paul or Dennis
-Club Charter for 2017 Received and insurance info sent to Holcim
-Field Lease paid to Holcim for 2017 by Paul
-Paul and Sylvia Mowing Monitors
-Rocket Launch discussion
-Will tape off pit area next time and explain no kids in pits around people planes while launching model rockets.
Spring field Cleanup – April 15th (Rain Date April 22)
Work on Pavillon Roof and Tables
-Paul and Hootie will arrange field to be rolled prior to IMAC April 29-30
Discussion on Fun Fly for 2017
-Tentative Date Saturday June 10
-Dewayne Keener and Colin will work on putting some of this together. Need other volunteers to step up and help!
Gary discussed making sure you AMA memberships are kept active and we should be policing this at the field as officers see fit. Also Club Memberships due every Jan 1!
-Recommended displaying credentials at the field when flying (AMA card and Membership card) Will get new membership cards each year different color starting 2018.
Gary discussed club membership and expected behavior. Positive attitudes!
New Member packets will need to be made more available for new members to understand club rules and expected behavior. Pilot Proficiency Tests need to be implemented on new pilots.
Doug Harnish will head up event for George Memorial
Need to verify Guest Flying rules in bylaws and constitution. How many times are guests allowed before needing to be member? Already rule you must be AMA member to fly off a buddy cord as Guest. On Buddy cord no AMA needed.
Tabled until November Meeting (will notify club on vote prior to fall meeting)
-Establish Membership Late Fees in Bylaws
Dec 31 – Jan 31 Grace period
After which there is a $20.00 late fee.
-Establish Compensation for 2018 officers (either 50% or free membership) for club officers.
-Discuss adding defined rule to Pegasus for calling intentions while on flight line.
Meeting Adjourned at 3:54 PM!
Indoor Event held – Flew until 7PM.
PEGASUS WINTER FUN FLY AND MEMBERSHIP BUSINESS MEETING 2017
PEGASUS RADIO CONTROL CLUB
Sunday March 5th, 3:00 PM till 7:00 PM at Salvation Army’s Gymnasium
525 George Street, Hagerstown, MD.
BUSINESS MEETING AT 3:00 PM – INDOOR FLY AND REFRESHMENTS (Not on gym floor please) AFTER MEETING IS ADJOURNED (Bring your tiny whoops for racing)
BUISNESS MEETING AGENDA
CALL TO ORDER: Gary Hartle
Secretary’s Report: Minutes of November Meeting
- Members with and without E-Mail
- Safety Officers: Chris Jackson and Doug Harnish? (verify)
- Events Directors – IMAC (Brad Davey) April 28-30th, 2017.- Fun Fly, War Bird Event, Fall IMAC?, OTHERS?
- Polar Bear Fly
- Other Old Business
- Club Charter/AMA dues paid
- Mowing Monitors – Paul and Sylvia
- Events Calendar
- Spring Work Session – (Date ) Roof on pavilion
- FPV Area
- Other New Business
As noted in the Fall Membership meeting- Starting in 2017 Pegasus RC will have a full time FPV Quad Racing flight line adjacent to the main field’s flight line. This facet of the RC hobby is exploding in polularity and we want to provide the beginner/intermediate FPV racing enthusiests a place to fly.
Pegasus Radio Control Airplane Club
November 26, 2016
7:00 PM Saturday (Boonsboro VFW)
Prepared by Secretary – Mike Frey
23 Members Present
- Call to Order 7:00PM – Mark Gaylor
- Secretary Report – Mike Frey read the minutes from the Feb 2016 meeting.
- Treasurer Report – Paul Van Tries
- 69 Adult Members, 9 Jrs
- Account Balance of $5548
- Thanks for all donations and Sponsorships in 2016
- 2016 Review of all events (Powerpoint Presentation) – Frey
- Doug Harnish requested review of Club Constitution Article 5
Vote taken to reword this entry similar to Frederick’s Club Laws- (Gary and Doug motion)
Regular club meetings shall be determined at a day, time, and place proposed by the Executive Board. Emergency club meetings can be called at the discretion of the President. At any club meeting, a quorum shall be the members present as long as:
- The membership has been notified of the meeting at least 30 days in advance of the time, date, and place of the meeting. Such notification shall be accomplished via an announcement on the Club Website/Social Media Page and Email notification to the Email address of record for the member.
The agenda, including any matters to be voted on by the membership are included in the notification.If both requirements are not met, a quorum shall be any ten members in good standing.
- Discussion on Flight Line Calling/Music
- Members should be following common sense and communicate on Flight line as per AMA safely guidelines
- Spring IMAC Date chosen – April 29,30
- Vote to hold Event and close field (Joey and Chris Motion)
- IMAC Primer penciled in for Oct 7th.
- Motion to close Field for day (Chris and Pap Motion)
- New MultiRotor/Drone Race Area announcement
- Area will be to the right of the drive parallel to current fixed wing flight line.
- More info on caring and upkeep of site coming in 2017
- Thanks to Gary and Paul for sending club field info to HGR Regional Airport per the new FAA recommendation for sites within 5 mile radius of Airport.
- Club Dues will remain at $80.00 for 2017 (Brad and Joey Motion)
- Voted to send Mowers each 150.00 Christmas Bonus for great job in 2016 (all agree)
2017 Officers Elected –
Gary Hartle – President
Dennis King – VP
Paul Van Tries – Treasurer
Mike Frey – Secretary
Safety Officers –
Meeting Adjourned at 8:27 PM.
Thanks to everyone that came out to our Fun Fly last Saturday and supported another very successful event at Pegasus RC.
We would like to extend a special thanks to deWayne Keener(Pap) and Collin Clohan for organizing and putting on such a great event.
Also we would like to acknowledge and thank the following…
Frederick Gymnastics Club—Mason Jackson
Home Run Inc—Chris Jackson
Landmark Elevators—Bill Block
MC and Voice of the Fun Fly
Food Services and Raffle
Bailee Brasdhaw and Megan Frey
Dan Bradshaw, Brent Taylor, Dennis King, Shane Spickler, Mason Jackson. Mike Frey, Collin Clohan, Dale Settle, Mark Gaylor, Doug Harnish, Mike Wilhelm, Bill Siegel
Many Thanks to the Pilots who gave of their time and resources to provide entertainment and display their flying skills. A special thank you to Mark Gaylor and Mike Frey for the jet demos.
Pilot Skills Contest-
Dead Stick 1st Mike Wilhelm, 2nd Mike Frey, 3rd Mason Jackson
All Up/Last Down 1st Mike Frey, 2nd Dan Bradshaw, 3rd Shane Spickler
Egg Drop 1st Mark Gaylor, 2nd Dennis King, 3rd Shane Spickler
Pegasus Hop 1st Mike Wilhelm, 2nd Shane Spickler, 3rd Dan Bradshaw
Limbo Competition 1st (Tie) Mason Jackson & Collin Clohan, 3rd Shane Spickler
Winner of the 50/50 was Doug Harnish who donated all the winnings back to the club (THANKS DOUG!)