Pegasus Radio Control Airplane Club
November 2, 2019
7:00 PM Saturday Boonsboro VFW
Prepared by Secretary – Mike Frey
17 Members Present
- Call to Order 7:09PM – Gary
- Secretary Report – Mike Frey – minutes from the March 2019 meeting
- Treasurer Report – Joey Hagan
- 64 Current Members
- Bank Account Balance review
- After membership dues, event proceeds, donations, and all club expenses, club finished year roughly $150 in the positive.
- President Report – Gary – Update of Club and FAA/AMA changes for Model Aircraft in controlled airspace, 400’ Altitude Limits, CBO with HGR
- Grass Mowing – Overall everyone satisfied with mowing in 2019 although towards end of year needs closer monitoring and mowing may have not been needed as much.
- 2019 Wing and Wheels Static Display at HRG- Last minute display so not all members were notified. Next year will try to prepare more ahead of time to include all that are interested in helping.
- Membership Dues – Due to status of club account, dues will remain the same for 2020.
- Trash Removal – Special thanks again to John Ausherman for handling bulk of the trash removal.
- Colin gave successful Barn Burner Shootout event report.
- Fun Fly Potlucks huge success in 2019 although better turnout on Sat vs Sun
- Reminder of Flight Line courtesy – no issues this year.
- Pap- Thanks to Joey for getting the millings delivered for the driveway and both Joey and Mike for hand raking the entire drive.
- CBO agreement with HGR Formalized over the summer since Pegasus is in Class D Airspace.
- 2020 IMAC – Brad Davey April 25-26, 2020 – Also Possible Regional Finals IMAC contest in Oct 2020. More info to come in Spring Meeting.
- Field Clean Update – TBD March Meeting
- 2020 Pegasus Barn Burner Shootout Dates Colin and Pap – TBD March Meeting
- Reminder of Club Dues – Pay at Nov Meeting – $75. Pay until Jan 21st – $80. Pay after Jan 31 – $85
- Monthly Fun Fly Potlucks in 2020- Date TBD March Meeting
- Have on Saturdays with rain date on Sunday.
- Have more fun-fly type competitions at these events. (egg drop, all up last down, etc.)
- Special Shrimp Feed will try to do earlier next year – possible Sept.
- Club will replace FPV Quad track gate material for next year.
- HCC STEM event in Late Oct. If notified in time Mike will try to put together display at the Hagerstown College for this this event in 2020.
- President Club Awards – Joey, Mike, Bruce
- Safely Officers for 2020 – Ed Kirkoff, Duane Hughes
- No New Business
- No new Officer Nominations – Pap Motions to keep board as is- All in favor.
Gary Hartle – President
Collin Clohan – VP
Joey Hagan – Treasurer
Mike Frey – Secretary
- Spring Meeting will try to get Salvation Army Gym for Meeting and indoor fly in Early March – TBD
Meeting Adjourned 7:57PM